It’s super easy to leave desk as it is. And it really take efforts to keep it organised and clutter free !
But, only a few mins efforts, make our everyday work and life, easy, productive and ends up giving absolutely awesome results.
“Multiple stimuli present in the visual field at the same time compete for neural representation by mutually suppressing their evoked activity throughout visual cortex, providing a neural correlate for the limited processing capacity of the visual system.”
which means, “Scientists find physical clutter negatively affects your ability to focus, process information”
Have a place for pocket stuff – Easy to find
3. Proximity based on frequency of use – Ease of access and prioritizing becomes easy.
4. Move electronics out of sight – Health stays better, as much as we can avoid, being close to the electro-magnetic waves.
6. Organize as you go – The next day you arrive, you are already welcome by the positive chi for work.
Few of my additional essentials on work desk are:
1. Vision Board ( Visual inspiration, for where I would love to head up)
2. A small desk plant ( a money plant or a bamboo plant)
3. Pictures of my close knit people ( who are my motivation)
4. Couple of books
Most of us who are working in corporate sectors, atleast 40% of our day’s time evolves around the work desk.
So, why not to follow certain feng shui specifications for an organised desk, which can really enhance our overall life including wealth, relationships, health, knowledge, travel, connections.
“Organising is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” – A. A. Milne